Getting found starts with “Google My Business”.
“Google My Business’ is an essential component of your marketing by giving your business a public identity and presence on Google. The information you provide about your business can appear on Google Search, Maps, and Google+.
- Manage your information – Control the information that Google users see when they search for your business, or the products and services that you offer. Verified information with Google My Business and you are twice as likely to be considered reputable by consumers. When people can find your business on Google Maps and Search, they have access to information like your hours, website, and street address
- Interact with customers – Many customers leave reviews that you may never read unless you are active on “Google my Business”. Respond to these reviews from your customers, and post photos that show off what you do.
- Understand and expand your presence – See insights on how customers searched for your business, and where those customers are coming from.
Show people you’re open for business.
Make it easy for customers to know your business hours, phone number, and directions on Google Search and Maps — with Google My Business
Are you ready to do this? Let’s get started!
- First go to: Google
- Click on “Start Now”.
- Fill in your essential Business info such as address, phone etc. Note, your business must have a physical presence to get listed on Google Maps.
- You will be asked if you are authorized to manage this business information.
- Next Google will create a Google+ page for your business.
- Google will need you to verify your business so click on “Mail me my Code”. Your code will be sent to your business location. Make sure to verify your business once the pin is received so you have access to all features!
Congratulations! You now have Google My Business set up for your business!
Before you have access to your dashboard, Google offers a quick tour of Google My Business. Click “Get Started” to be shown around or you can also skip the tour by clicking “Skip Tour”.
The next step is to add a Profile photo to the account. To do so click “Add profile photo” under the profile % completion bar on your dashboard.
Continue the same process to add your business hours, contact information, any additional photos, your website, and finally an intro to your page. Then click “Done Editing”.
You now have customized and set up Google My Business! All of Google’s helpful services will now be at your disposal in one place. Potential customers will also now be able locate you more efficiently and have a higher potential to do business!