Content Marketing should be a core element of your marketing strategy but often is overlooked or considered to difficult and time-consuming to produce.
Content marketing is not about selling or pitching your products or services. The strategy is all about delivering information that makes your readers better informed and empowered.
Content marketing is defined as creating and distributing relevant content that is produced to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience with the end result being to drive user engagement
Key platforms for content marketing are:
- Business blogging
- eBooks and Whitepapers
- Webinars and Webcast
- Email Newsletters
Why does Content Marketing Work?
Because everyday we train ourselves to skip marketing messages.
We use our DVR’s to skip TV advertisements and our ad blockers to skip online banners. We are in a hurry! We want it now without interruption!
Content marketing isn’t just the future, it’s the present
Good content is sought by your customers and prospects
In research released by Roper Public Affairs,
- 80% of business decision makers prefer to get product information in a series of articles versus an advertisement.
- 70% say content marketing makes them feel closer to the sponsoring company, while
- 60% say that relevant content helps them make better product buying decisions.
Critical Strategies for your Content Marketing
- Create a Hub for your Content Marketing
- Offer content that answers questions such as what should you look for and how to compare
- Deliver your message professionally, the benefits of professional design are obvious, in terms of consistency, recognition, and easy consumption
- Nurture your content via Twitter, Facebook and other social platforms
- Make sure your team buys into your Content Marketing strategy
- Make your content is mobile accessible – Generations X, Y adopt Smartphones as Media Hubs and tablets dominate long viewing sessions